Get around Oslo with public transportation
As a visitor in an unknown city, it’s not always easy to understand how to use the public transport to get around. With hotels located in the center of Oslo, there are walking distance to almost everything, but also lots of transportation opportunities to get to places further away from downtown. We give you a quick guide for how you can move around the city from our hotels.
How you get to our hotels
If you are traveling to Oslo by plane, you can use both the Airport Express train and NSB local train to get in to the city. It takes no more than 20-25 minutes before you are in downtown Oslo. To get to our hotels from the train station, you can catch the bus and tram, but also your legs, based on which of our hotels you are staying at.
From Jernbanetorget next to Oslo central station to Saga Apartments and Saga Hotel Oslo
- Tram number 19 with direction to Majorstuen. Get off at Rosenborg tram stop.
- Tram number 11 with direction to Majorstuen. Get off at Homansbyen tram stop.
From Jernbanetorget next to Oslo central station to Saga Poshtel Oslo Central and Saga Hotel Oslo Central
- Tram number 13 with direction to Bekkestua.
- Tram number 12 with direction to Majorstuen.
- Tram number 19 with direction to Majorstuen.
For all these trams you get off at the tram stop Øvre slottsgate, which is located right next to the hotels.
Use the public transport to go from the hotels and out in the city
Saga Apartments and Saga Hotel Oslo
Both hotels are downtown and are not located far apart from each other. It takes about 12-15 minutes to walk down to The Royal Palace, which is located at the end of Karl Johan street. Are you heading further out in the city, you can catch both the tram and bus to move around.
- The bus stop Uranienborgveien is located 3 minutes from the hotel, where bus number 21 drives by. This bus is not going past the center of Oslo but are taking you through other important parts of the city, from Helsfyr to Tjuvholmen.
- The tram stop Rosenborg is located 3-4 minutes from the hotels, where tram number 19 direction both to Ljabru and Majorstuen drives by. The tram from the hotel with direction to Ljabru takes you through downtown.
- The tram stop Homansbyen is located 7 minutes from the hotels, where tram number 11 direction both to Kjelsås and Majorstuen drives by. The tram from the hotel with direction to Kjelsås takes you through downtown.
Saga Poshtel Oslo Central and Saga Hotel Oslo Central
Both hotels are located in the same building and are located with only a 9-minute walk from Oslo central station and 10 minutes from Aker Brygge harbor. With a location this close to downtown, you have access to every public transport; bus, tram, metro and train at Jernbanetorget, next to Oslo central station. But you also have access to both bus and tram only a couple of minutes away from the hotels.
- The bus stop Kvadraturen is located 2 minutes from the hotels. Several buses drive past this stop with different directions. Bus number 70 to Nationaltheatret and Skullerud, 31 to Snarøya, Fornebu, Tonsenhagen and Grorud, 30 to Bygdøy and Nydalen and 54 to Tjuvholmen and Kjelsås station.
- The tram stop Øvre slottsgate is located 3 minutes from the hotels.
- Tram number 12 with direction to Kjelsås and Majorstuen.
- Tram number 13 with direction to Grefsen station and Bekkestua.
- Tram number 19 with direction to Ljabru and Majorstuen.
The trams with direction to Kjelsås, Grefsen station and Ljabru takes you through downtown Oslo.
The transportation possibilities are open
The tips mentioned above are based on transportation from our hotels. Are you located other places in the city, you can easily get all information for transportation at Ruter. Planning a trip to the city? Book a room at one of our hotels and explore the city from the tram window.