When the night falls over the city, a good atmosphere arises in Oslo’s many bars, pubs and clubs. The nightlife in Oslo covers any desire, whether you want to sit in a quiet bar and enjoy a delicious drink, or if you want to go out dancing to great music. We give you 10 tips for nightlife suitable for every taste.
Explore exciting flavors in delicious drinks
There are several bars competing to serve the very best drinks. Spend a relaxing night out and explore the exiting dinks and flavors the city have to offer.
- In October 2018, Himkok were placed at a 19th place over the world’s best bars. This is a bar over two floors that invites you enjoy delicious drinks, both inside and outside. One of the world’s best bars are located in Storgata, in the city center.
- Torggata Botaniske is a cozy little botanical cocktailbar. The bar are growing their own herbs in a greenhouse that they use together with fresh raw materials to make amazing drinks.
- *ISM not only serves, but also presents their drinks in an unique way. This is a bar that delivers a concept and experiences out of the ordinary. You can find the bar right next to Spikersuppa.
Combine nightlife with hours of games and fun
Spice up your night out with games and fun. Several bars in Oslo offer different kind of activities combined with good company and nightlife.
- Tilt allows you to combine a night out on the town with enough games and fun to play for hours. Amongst other things you can play shuffleboard, pinball games and arcade games. Tilt is located in Badstugata, in the sidestreet of Torggata.
- Oslo Camping have, in addition to a bar, a 18-hole indoor mini golf court. Challenge your golf skills with good company of friends or new acquaintance while you enjoy a good drink. Play golf in Møllergata next to Youngstoget.
Dance all night
Loads of Oslos night clubs serve great music while you dance all night long.
- Justisen have a backyard open all year around. At night, the backyard turns into a dancefloor where you can dance to varied music playd by some of Oslo’s best DJ’s. Hit the dancefloor in Møllergata next to Youngstoget.
- Hvaskjer turns in to a night club every Friday and Saturday. Lively people dancing while live DJ’s play a good mix of new club music and popular oldies. Find the club in Vogts gate at Thorsov.
- Blå is located in Brenneriveien right next to Akerselva at Grünerløkka. Live music played by exciting artists, live bands and DJ’s makes sure that you can dance until your feet get sore.
Go to a bar on top of a building, and have an amazing view over the city served together with your drink.
- Summit bar is located on top of the Radisson Blu Scandinavia hotel in the center of Oslo. The bar offers a wide selection of drinks while you explore the city and the Oslo fjord from the 21st floor.
- Thief Roof is a rooftop bar located on The Thief hotel at the waterfront of Tjuvholmen. Get served drinks while you enjoy a view facing Holmekollen and the Oslo fjord.
A nightlife culture for everyone
A trip to the capital of Norway offers a nightlife for every taste. Book a room at one of our hotels located in the center of Oslo, and experience the exciting nightlife culture.